Dr. Toy's Tips: for Keeping Toys Clean and Safe.
- Watch for small parts, sharp edges, loose ties, or other possible dangers for small children under the age of 3.
- Be sure products are labelled non-toxic.
- Cover exposed electric sockets.
- Toys handled frequently by infants and toddlers, should be cleaned and disinfected daily or when soiled, to prevent the spread of germs.
To disinfect: Follow these steps for washable, colorfast toys:
- Wash toys in soapy water, then rinse thoroughly.
- Clean toys with a solution of 3/4 cup household bleach in 1 gallon of water. let stand 5 minutes.
- Rinse completely and dry.